With fall nearly over and winter just around the corner, the shoulder month of November offers both fewer crowds, less expensive prices, cooler temperatures, but still some truly beautiful scenery. From famously cool cities to incredible national parks here is my choice for the best places to visit in November in the USA…
1. Telluride, Colorado – makes a fantastic November travel destination
Get to Telluride at the beginning of the ski season that starts in November if you want to beat the worst of the crowds.
This jewel in Colorado’s crown is nestled in the San Juan mountains which makes it the ideal place for both downhill and cross country skiing. Telluride has been popular with outdoor types since the 1970s, yet has its roots in the gold rush and all manner of precious metals have been mined here.
Temperatures this time of year can range from 6 degrees to minus 10 and in November, it usually snows for around 10 days and 13.82 inches of snow is accumulated making it a great USA ski destination to visit in November.
Those who don’t want to break a sweat can take the gondola journey from the town to the European-style mountain village that sits at the beginning of the Uncompahgre National Forest.
At the end of the day, unwind with a beer from the Telluride Brewing Co, one of the biggest microbreweries in the whole of the United States.
- Visitor’s Center Address: 236 W Colorado Ave, Telluride, CO 81435, USA
- The average temperature in Telluride in November are around 7 to -10 degrees
My must-do highlights of Telluride
- Hit the slopes with some skiing and try to make first tracks down a freshly pisted run.
- Looking for something different to skiing, have a go at ice climbing to explore around the gorgeous ice venues.
- Go on an adrenaline pumping snowmobiling tour open to all ages and abilities.
How to get to Telluride
Known for being one of the easiest ways to get to this gorgeous location, flying into Montrose Regional Airport (MTJ) is very popular, offering flights arriving from a few major cities across the US during the summer season. Located 65-miles, it is a gorgeous scenic journey from there to Telluride. From the airport you can then get the shuttle or hire a car to make the commute.
2. New York – the best city to visit on the run-up to Christmas
We all know that New York City is magical at Christmas, whether it’s the incredible window dressings in the shops on Fifth Avenue or the festive decorations that make it even more vibrant than it was before.
November is the perfect time to soak up the atmosphere as there are so many iconic things happening in NYC this month, from the New York Marathon on the 1st, to the famous ice skating rink at Rockefeller Center.
This makes November the fun before the chaotic month of December, with events galore including the New York Comedy Festival, the Radio City Rockettes Show, the Craft Beer Festival, and the unmissable Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.
Temperatures range from 6 to 13 degrees in the day in November so just make sure you wrap up warm!
- Visitor’s Center Address: 151 W 34th St., New York, NY 10011, United States
- The average temperature in New York in November is around 13 degrees
My must-do highlights of New York
- Hop on a cruise along the beautiful Hudson River passing by some famous landmarks.
- Enjoy the magical experience of ice skating in the middle of this amazing city.
- Discover the incredible Winter Spectacular at Brooklyn Botanic Garden.
How to get to New York
This is one of the most accessible places to travel to in the USA.
Being a major city, New York boasts an airport, John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK), which has non-stop domestic and international flights from 70 different airlines which means it is a great way to travel in.
There are two main train stations in the center of the city with Amtrak lines arriving from several cities across the USA.
Another form of public transport is to commute here by bus. Greyhound bus services provide journeys from many cities surrounding the area.
3. San Antonio, Texas – make a great city weekend break with cooler temperatures and no crowds
Historic San Antonio is a Texan city on the rise and November is the perfect time to visit, when temperatures are cool (around 22 degrees in the day) and hotels are much cheaper after the busy summer season.
Combining UNESCO-listed missions with impeccable waterside strolls along walkways lined with bars and restaurants, San Antonio is a cosmopolitan mix of the old and the new.
In November, the Christmas lights go up and the Nutcracker is performed by the Children’s Ballet, the multicultural makeup means Diwali, and Dia de los Muertos are big here too.
The harvest season also gives visitors the opportunity to get lost in the South Texas Maize, an elaborate puzzle carved into a local maize field.
- Visitors’ Centre Address: 892 Hood St, San Antonio, TX 78208, United States
- The average temperature in San Antonio in November is around 22 degrees
My must-do highlights of San Antonio
- Get lost in the grand South Texas Maize that spans 7-acres and is a perfect harvest season activity.
- Book a spectacular Sunday brunch where you can watch an entertaining show and delicious food.
- Go on a river cruise and explore along the river walk.
How to get to San Antonio
Located only 10 miles away from Downtown, flying into San Antonio International Airport is one of the most convenient ways to travel to the city by.
Thirteen airlines use this airport, flying in from across more than 35 locations. From here you can rent a car, take a taxi or hop on one of the shuttle buses.
If your location isn’t on the flight list, don’t worry. The Amtrak passenger train arrives directly downtown from over 500 destinations and is located one street away from the Alamodome in a rustic building.
4. Kauai, Hawaii – for a warm November USA vacation and stunning scenery
The emerald green island of Kauai is the fourth-largest in Hawaii and one of the best-loved.
November is a great time for the weather (temperatures are still around 23 degrees in the day) and it’s a cheaper time for accommodation and flights.
It really is impossible not to love Kauai, and with beautiful coastlines, epic surfing opportunities, delectable local food, tranquil waterfalls, and red canyons, why would you want to share all this with other tourists at peak season?
- Visitor’s Centre Address: 4-484 Kuhio Highway Kapaa, Hawaii, 96746. Phone 808-822-5113
- The average temperature in Kauai in November is around 23 degrees
My must-do highlights of Kauai
- See the island from a different perspective by taking a helicopter tour overlooking the beach landscape.
- Kayak around Hanalei Bay where you can also enjoy a delicious meal whilst watching the sunset.
- Fly through through the native forests on a zipline for an adrenaline pumping experience.
How to get to Kauai, Hawaii
The only way to travel to the island is via plane into Lihue Airport. Flying into this destination is possible on a direct flight from an array of locations across the USA and Canada, if you are travelling from a different country then a connecting flight will need to be taken.
After taking a beautiful flight over this gorgeous location and arriving safely, it is then possible to hire a car which you can further explore around the island in.
At present it is not possible to arrive via boat, but do not let that stop you from floating around the picturesque shorelines on one once you have reached your destination.
5. Charleston, South Carolina – for a charming November trip in the USA and a great place to spend Thanksgiving
If you’re wondering where to go in November for a couple’s break, Charleston is South Carolina’s most charming port city, known for romantic scenery, sunset boat rides in the ocean, beaches, luxury spas and bars, dreamy courtyards, and fascinating history.
The word is out about Charleston which has seen an influx of tourists over the last few years, so this makes November a great time to enjoy its relaxed vibe to yourself.
It’s also a nice temperature during this month, around a still balmy 20 degrees, so you won’t get too hot while walking around.
Things to enjoy in Charleston include museums, galleries, beaches, boutique shops, rooftop bars, browsing the markets, kayaking, and outdoor concerts, and strolling in the parks. If you make the trip to the coast then look out for the dolphins and manatees that pass by here.
Events to join in with in November include the Scottish Games, the Charleston Literary Festival, Harvest Festival, South Carolina Underground Film Festival, the Festival of Lights, and the holiday markets start to mark the run-up to Christmas.
If you’re looking to spend Thanksgiving here there are a number of great restaurants offering traditional meals and they also have many thanksgiving celebrations too including the famous Turkey Day Run!
- North Charleston Visitor Center Address: 4975-B Centre Point Drive (800) 774-0006.
- The average temperature in Charleston in November is around 20 degrees
My must-do highlights of Charleston
- Head over to scenic waterway at Shem Creek for a spot of paddle boarding.
- Cruise around in a PediCab bike taxi to get from one place to the next around the towns.
- Walk over the Ravenal Bridge which is located over the Cooper River offering gorgeous views of Charleston Harbor.
How to get to Charleston
Charleston is served well by planes, trains, highways and buses too. It has it own Amtrak station and the nearest airport is Charleston (CHS) Airport.
6. The Florida Keys – for a family-friendly warm beach destination in November
Avoid hurricanes, bad weather, and busy beaches by visiting the popular archipelago of the Florida Keys in November. Grab a canoe and explore the 113 islands, made from mud, mangroves, and sand, they are the ultimate way to get back to nature!
At this time of year, you won’t get too hot and temperatures can top 80 degrees making it very comfortable for sunbathing and swimming for a warm November beach vacation.
The strips of land are the perfect place to create your own adventure, to snorkel, sail, dive, paddle, or just watch the sunset over the ocean.
- Visitor’s Centre Address: 106240 Overseas Hwy, Key Largo, FL 33037, +1 305-712-6596
- The average temperature in The Florida Keys in November is around 26 degrees
My must-do highlights of The Florida Keys
- Experience a ride on The Conch Tour Train to learn about the history and culture of the island.
- Visit Hemmingway’s former home which has now been transformed into a, interesting museum.
- Take a trip to Duval Street once the sun has gone down and the vibrant party scene.
How to get to the Florida Keys
You can fly into Miami International Airport and drive through the magical Everglades National Park straight to the largest of the Keys, Key Largo, or fly straight to Key West International Airport.
Once there, it is possible to island hop between the different Keys by means of chartered or organised boat trips – surely the best way to explore these glittering turquoise waters!
7. Flagstaff, Arizona – November is a great time to visit this popular US city
The natural setting for the city of Flagstaff means it is stunning in November time when the trees start to change their color from green to reds and purples.
As the weather is so cool and clear, it’s the perfect time to view the ponderosa pine forest in all its glory. The surrounding scenery here in November takes on a special beauty of its own and temperatures range from around eleven degrees to minus five.
The world-famous Grand Canyon is located an hour and a half drive away.
Flagstaff is a laid-back college city, making it a great place to relax after a day hiking with tasty eateries, coffee shops, wine bars, and breweries serving craft beer.
- Visitors Center Address: 1 E Rte 66, Flagstaff, AZ 86001, United States
- The average temperature in Flagstaff, Arizona in November is around 12 degrees
My must-do highlights of Flagstaff
- Indulge in the epic amount of pretzels, bratwurst and beer available during your stay.
- Climb up the hiking trails to capture the most stunning views.
- Soak up the gorgeous scenery that surrounds the area.
How to get to Flagstaff
If you’re flying in then the nearest airport is Flagstaff Pulliam Airport (FLG) which has three flights each day to and from Phoenix – serviced by American Airlines.
Other options include Amtrak a bus from Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport Amtrak Station to Flagstaff every 4 hours, and the journey takes around three hours.
8. Great Smoky Mountains, Tennessee and North Carolina – one of the best places to visit in November in the USA for gorgeous scenery
Hiking in the Great Smoky Mountains of Carolina is a dream in the crisp air of November when the foliage turns shades of red, orange, and yellow. In November, the average high temperature is 48°F, and the average low temperature is 30°F.
The Smokies make up 500,000 acres of Southern Appalachian range that peek out of the early mists just as the name suggests.
It’s not surprising that it’s the most visited park in the U.S., but this is a wonderful time to have it to yourself. Definitely, one of the best National Parks to visit in November!
- Visitors Information – 1000 Highway 36, Estes Park, CO 80517-8397
- The average temperature in the Great Smoky Mountains in November is around 13 degrees
My must-do highlights of Rocky Mountains
- Try out snowtubing, a fun winter activity which anyone can take part.
- Indulge in the holiday spirit by attending the Festival of the Trees.
- Take a hike around the gorgeous nature filled with beautiful autumnal colors.
How to get to Rocky Mountains
You can drive through the park with the very high Trail Ridge Road (Hwy 34). If you need to fly in first then Denver (DEN) Airport is around 63 miles away.
If you want to travel by train there’s a station at Granby, Colorado, which will get you close to Rocky Mountain National Park at around 16 miles away.
9. San Diego, California – for a warm November USA city trip
While San Diego has much to offer all year round, November is the time to get great deals on what can be an expensive and popular city mid-season.
Autumn is a great time to explore the 70 miles of coastline and enjoy outdoor activities like surfing, biking or gliding as the trees change color with temperatures around 21 degrees in the day.
It’s another place to enjoy Día de Muertos (Day of the Dead) celebrations, as well as the craft beer festival and Fleet Week Boat Parade this month.
- Visitor’s Centre Address: 996 N Harbor Dr, San Diego, Phone: (619) 236-1242
- The average temperature in San Diego in November is around 21 degrees
My must-do highlights of San Diego, California
- Have some fun at Belmont Park which is filled with exciting rides and adrenaline pumping rollercoasters.
- Catch one of San Diego’s best sunsets at La Jolla Cove, a perfect spot for Instagrammable shots.
- Explore the vibrant nightlife scene at Gaslamp Quarter, that is filled with bars, lounges and music venues.
How to get to San Diego
San Diego has its own international airport just three miles outside of downtown that is served by a variety of airlines and brings in flights from all over the world.
You will find that the airport is well-connected to town by busses and taxis, and there is transport available to the nearest Amtrak station.
10. Death Valley National Park, California – a much safer month to explore this famous National Park
While Death Valley can be famously hot enough to fry an egg in the summertime, temperatures become (almost) pleasant in November and average around 25 degrees in the day.
Not only that, but you can expect clear skies to enjoy every inch of this stark yet alluring lunar landscape.
From sand dunes to volcanoes, giant boulders to canyons, all kinds of geological drama can be found here.
If you visit on Veterans Day in November, the entrance to the park is free.
- Visitors’ Centre Address: Airport Rd, Furnace Creek, CA 92328, United States
- The average temperature in Death Valley National Park in November is around 25 degrees
My must-do highlights of Death Valley, California
- Take a hike along Zabriskie Point Trail that leads to an Instagrammable viewpoint overlooking the landscape.
- Borrow some binoculars and visit the Mesquite Flat Sand Dunes to experience the magical stargazing skies.
- Explore the Mesquite Flat Sand Dunes where you will feel transported to the other side of the world.
How to get to Death Valley
Straddling the border between California and Nevada, you have a choice of airports in either state to fly into, depending on where you wish to enter the valley.
Given its somewhat unforgiving landscape (not to mention its ominous name), public transport is not available in the area and although some do drive into it with private vehicles, the best, and safest, way of exploring this incredible desert landscape is with a pre-arranged tour group who can show you all the very best bits of Death Valley.
11. Bayou Country, Louisiana – November is a great time to explore this swampy paradise
The inspiration for the Creedence Clearwater Revival album of the same name, bayou country is the tranquil swampy area near New Orleans in Louisiana.
Swamps and creeks are wonderful places to spot wildlife and November is prime time for watching the alligators here. You may even see the brown pelican which is the state’s national bird.
The first two weeks of November are dedicated to celebrating the bayou’s Lafourche heritage and National Louisiana Day is celebrated here on the 9th do you can take in the culture too.
Temperatures average around 71 degrees and hotels are priced much lower in this season.
- Visitor’s Center Address: 4484 LA-1, Raceland, LA 70394, USA
- The average temperature in Bayou Country, Louisiana in November is around 25 degrees
My must-do highlights of Bayou Country
- Partake in a different kind of river tour experience, go on a swamp tour surrounded by interesting scenery.
- Become involved in the heritage and National Louisiana Day celebrations.
- Wander around the beautiful nature and grand trees through the marked trails.
How to get to Bayou Country
The nearest airport to fly into is New Orleans. From here it is then an hours drive by car.
One of the best ways to travel is by car as it makes for a great road trip. Following the Highway 75 will take you past this area.
12. Big Bend National Park, Texas – one of the best National Parks to visit in November
November at the Big Bend National Park is the ideal time between the hot summer and chilly winter to find the ideal hiking temperature which sometimes reaches around 70 degrees in the day but can also fall to around 45 degrees.
Big Bend is almost the same size as Rhodesia Island which makes it easy to get away from it all here.
One of the most famous treks is the glorious Santa Elena Canyon, there are also hot springs to bathe in and scenic drives if you get tired from hiking.
- Visitors Center Address – Chisos Basin Visitor Center 1 Panther Junction, Big Bend National Park, TX 79834
- The average temperature in Big Bend National Park in November is around 18 degrees
My must-do highlights of Big Bend National Park, Texas
- Relax in the natural hot springs of Rio Grande Village and then cool off with a dip in the river.
- Check out the interesting Fossil Discovery Exhibit to learn about the impressive history of the park.
- Hike along the Santa Elena Canyon for breathtaking views overlooking Rio Grande.
How to get to Big Bend National Park
There are two airports located within a (pretty long) driving distance of the park, these are Midland/Odessa, Texas and El Paso. Major airlines fly into both but they are both located over 200 miles away so be prepared for a long drive from them to get to the park. You can easily rent a car from both when you’ve landed.
If you’re looking to travel by train then Alpine Texas is the nearest Amtrack stop and that’s about 100 miles drive from the park headquarters.
Once driving there are two major roads that will get you to the park – the I-10 and the US 90.
13. Capitol Reef National Park, Utah – explore this desert destination when the temperatures are cooler
One of the best national parks to visit in November, the stunning Capitol Reef National Park is located in the south-central Utah desert, filled with unexpected geology just waiting to be explored.
November sees cool yet dry weather and there are fewer crowds to share the incredible vistas. The average high temperature, in November, is 50°F.
This is true red rock country that surrounds a ‘wrinkle’ in the earth called Waterpocket Fold. While the park is named after the white sandstone domes that create the Capitol Reef, it’s also home to the Chimney Rock pillar, the Hickman Bridge arch, and the monoliths of Cathedral Valley in the north.
- Visitor’s Center Address: Torrey, UT 84775, United States
- The average temperature in Capitol Reef National Park in November is around 10 degrees
My must-do highlights of Capitol Reef National Park
- Check out some amazing hiking trails such as Hickman Bridge, Grand Wash and Capitol Gorge Wash whilst the weather is a perfect temperature for it.
- Tour down the scenic drive or Highway 24 for some Insta-worthy shots and view points.
- Find the wonderful petroglyphs to be amazed by these rock art figures.
How to get to Capitol Reef National Park
With a secluded location the ideal way to travel to this fascinating destination is by car.
This also allows you to ensure you have a car to drive along the main road cutting through the park.
Dependent on which city you are coming from, making your way to either interstate 70 or interstate 15 is the most accessible way to get there.
14. Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania – makes a hip city break in November
While Pittsburgh might not be the most picturesque city, this Pennsylvania highlight has more than enough to charm a casual visitor in November time.
The city comes alive during this period because as well as the beautiful autumn colors, there is a Light Up Night to celebrate the start of the Christmas season.
As Pittsburgh has so much history and culture, now is the perfect time to enjoy it by visiting tourist spots like the Maxo Vanka murals, the Bayernhof museum, the Andy Warhol museum, and Kentuck Knob at their least crowded.
Temperatures average around a chilly 10 degrees though so make sure you wrap up warm!
- Visitor’s Center Address: 1000 Ft. Duquesne Blvd, Pittsburgh, PA 15222
- The average temperature in Pittsburgh in November is around 10 degree
My must-do highlights of Pittsburgh
- Visit Schenley Park to take a walk for the beautiful autumn colored scenery that fills the area.
- Stop by Dancing Gnome Brewery for a fun filled night, delicious food and mouth watering brews.
- For those who love to learn about history, check out Bayernhof Museum and discover the cities past.
How to get to Pittsburgh
Boasting 56-domestic flights, Pittsburgh Airport is located 19-miles away from the center of the city. Making it a great form of transportation if you are travelling in from outer state. There are then buses available to take you into the city.
Being a popular city, you can take both a bus and train with Greyhound or Amtrak services to travel to Pittsburgh, becoming a very accessible location to visit from surrounding areas.
15. Jekyll Island, Georgia – a beautiful destination to explore in the month of November
Once upon a time, Georgia’s Jekyll Island was a hunting club for uber-rich American families like the Rockefeller’s and the Pulitzers. Nowadays, Jekyll Island is a place to relax with 10 miles of coastline, driftwood-covered beaches, and Georgia’s sea turtle rehabilitation center.
November sees much fewer day-trippers and you’re unlikely to experience rain, giving you more opportunities to watch wildlife, shop for souvenirs, and taste fresh seafood. Sports lovers will also be thrilled by the golfing, tennis, and biking on offer if you want to work up a sweat in between.
The average daytime high in November lies around 73.4°F and if you enjoy looking at a blue sky and love the sun then this is a great time to go to Jekyll Island as it offers 195 hours of sun. Perfect if you’re looking to escape a Vitamin D starved state!
- Visitor’s Center Address: 901 Downing Musgrove Causeway, Jekyll Island, GA 31527
- The average temperature in Jekyll Island in November is around 21 degrees
My must-do highlights of Jekyll Island
- Cool down whilst having some fun at the thrilling Summer Waves Water Park.
- Spend some time sunbathing along Driftwood Beach.
- Discover the sights whilst strolling along Glory Boardwalk.
How to get to Jekyll Island
There are a handful of airports located nearby, dependent on which airline you are flying with and where you are arriving from will decide where you will fly in to.
Brunswick Golden Isles Airport is located approximately 30-minutes away by car.
acksonville International Airport and Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport are both situated just 2-hours in driving distance away.
Driving to the island is also possible by following U.S. 17. near the southern end of the Sidney Lanier Bridge.
16. Gulf Shores, Alabama – for a warm November beach destination
The city of Gulf Shores is ideally located on Alabama’s coastline and has so much to do, even for a relaxed day trip.
Naturally, this means it gets expensive and crowded during the slightly stuffy summertime season, but it is positively balmy in November as temperatures are a very comfortable 22 degrees. It may not be hot enough to swim comfortably but it still allows you to get some beach time and take advantage of the cool sea breeze.
Gulf Shores also has all the family-friendly attractions of golfing, beaches, trails, and even a zipline to take you over the sand dunes. History lovers will love the 19th-century Fort Morgan on Mobile Bay and animal aficionados will be fascinated by the flora and fauna of Bon Secour National Wildlife Refuge.
It’s also a great place to let your hair down as the party is in swing here all year round.
If you really want to make it a holiday, then jump in the sea as the Gulf of Mexico is still lovely and warm in November. Don’t forget to look out for sea turtles when you’re in there!
- Visitors Center Address: 3459 Gulf Shores Pkwy, Gulf Shores, AL 36542, United States
- The average temperature in Gulf Shores in November is around 22 degrees
My must-do highlights of Gulf Shore
- Discover the National Shrimp Festival and taste the delicious flavors of the fresh seafood.
- Play a round of mini golf for a fun and relaxed activity on a hot day.
- Ride the famous Ferris Wheel for breathtaking views overlooking the area.
How to get to Gulf Shores
If you want to fly in then the nearest airport is Jack Edwards National Airport (JKA) which is only a 2.5 mile drive. It’s served by mostly private flights so a larger airport is Pensacola, FL (PNS / KPNS) Pensacola International Airport which is 38 miles away.
There are three Amtrak stations in Alabama, which are all on the Crescent route. The nearest to Gulf Shores is Mobile which is around 38 miles away.
17. Albuquerque, New Mexico – a great US city to visit in November offering great events
Home to much more than the spirit of Walter White, Albuquerque is an electric mix of urban life juxtaposed with the profound emptiness of the desert and the mountains.
While the heat can be overwhelming in summer, it’s much more comfortable in November (around 15 degrees in the day) and it’s a time when the whole city comes alive with celebrations on the cool evenings.
This month take your pick from the Albuquerque Tango Festival, Dia de los Muertos, the Doggie Dash and Dawdle pet carnival, Scandinavian Festival, craft festival, and the River of Lights at the botanical gardens.
November is also a more favorable time to reenact iconic scenes from Breaking Bad, as the roads are less busy. For those that love hiking, it’s a lovely time to stroll the Paseo del Bosque trail.
- Visitor’s Center Address: 522 Romero St NW, Albuquerque, NM 87104, United States
- The average temperature in Albuquerque in November is around 15 degrees
My must-do highlights of Albuquerque
- Find out what incredible events are being hosted and make sure to attend at least one of them.
- Take the Sandia Peak Tramway to travel up to the mountain tops for spectacular views.
- Visit the Old Town to embrace the wonderful culture.
How to get to Albuquerque
This city is easily accessible by plane, train, bus or car.
Albuquerque airport is centrally located and boasts non-stop flights from 30 cities across the USA by several airlines.
There is a transport hub which welcomes Amtrak trains and buses from an array of surrouding areas.
Driving is a beautiful option to chose. Filled with scenic routes, following I-25 and I-40 will take you to the city.
18. Los Angeles, California – a fun place to visit for a November birthday
While Los Angeles is naturally one of the most famous and visited cities in the US, it’s a whole different place to discover once the camera-clicking throngs have left, which is why November is the time to come.
Out of all the U.S. cities, Los Angeles is one of the warmest in November (averaging around 23 degrees), and sun-worshippers can still sunbathe in the parks and beaches at this time of year.
It’s also a great time to dine al fresco in the balmy evenings when it’s quieter and there are more locals around to befriend.
Outdoor lovers will still enjoy hiking in Griffith Park and the Santa Monica mountains and may even spot a celebrity along the way.
If your birthday falls in November Los Angeles is a great choice for a birthday vacation as there are no shortage of very cool bars, clubs, and restaurants to celebrate in!
- Visitor’s Center Address: 10707 N Temple Way, Los Angeles, CA 90024, United States
- The average temperature in Los Angeles in November is around 23 degrees
My must-do highlights of Los Angeles
- Take a walking tour around the city to explore through the famous landmarks and Instgrammable spots.
- Go to a concert or sports event. There is always a show or game to check out.
- Hike to the well known Hollywood sign where you can also view spectacular views overlooking LA.
How to travel to Los Angeles
Hosting a major airport, flying into LA is no problem. There is then a short commute to the city center which can be taken by car, public transport or a taxi.
Amtrak trains and connecting bus services host transport from over 150 surrounding destinations. Meaning it is a great way to get to the city no mater where you are travelling from.
If you are thinking of driving to Los Angeles, the best way is by taking the Golden State Freeway/Santa Ana Freeway.
19. Padre Island National Seashore, Texas – a beach with no crowds but is still warm enough to swim in November
Texas’ Padre Island is the world’s longest barrier island and this undeveloped stretch separates the Gulf of Mexico and the saline lagoon of Laguna Madre.
It’s a wonderful place to kayak, spot sea turtles, go birdwatching, camp or just relax on the beach.
November is the ideal time to miss the summer crowds while the water is still warm enough to swim in – the average water temperature in South Padre Island in November is around 75°F. It’s also out of hurricane season so you won’t need to worry about bad weather or poor sea conditions.
- Visitor’s Center Address: 321 Padre Blvd, South Padre Island, TX 78597, United States
- The average temperature in Padre Island National Seashore in November is around 22 degrees
My must-do highlights of Padre Island
- Go to a holiday light show to help get you into the festive spirit.
- On a chilly day, visit Nana’s 7D Cinema for an exciting activity to do.
- For a unique experience, spend the day at the beach with some sandcastle lessons.
How to get to Padre Island
There are three airports located nearby, Brownville Spi International Airport, Valley International Airport and McCallen International Airport. They are all located under approximately 1.5 hours away from the island. From here it is then best to hire a car and drive to make the commute.
Driving to this stunning destination is made possible by State Highway 100. To get to the highway you will first need to follow US Highways 77 and 281 if you and travelling from the north or US Highway 83 if you are travelling from the west.
20. Adirondack Mountains, New York State – perfect for a super cozy weekend getaway
The Adirondack Mountains are a massive range in northeastern New York. This impressive swathe of high peaks offers thousands of miles of trails to hike, with plenty of rivers to paddle along at the bottom of the valleys.
Once you’ve taken in thanksgiving and the Christmas build-up in New York City, the mountains here are the perfect place to escape in November.
Daytime temperatures can get a little chilly at highs of around 35 degrees (and can even snow) so wrap up warm but it’s a peaceful time to come and hire a cabin for a cozy and romantic weekend getaway watching night fall over this stunning wilderness.
- Visitor’s Center Address: I-87 N (Between Exits 17 &, 18, Queensbury, NY 12804, United StatesThe average temperature in the Adirondack Mountains in November is around 1 degree
My must-do highlights of Adirondack Mountains
- Chose a hiking trail out of the 46 peaks it is possible to reach, hitting higher than 4,000 feet in elevation.
- Spend some time out on the tranquil waters of Saranac Lake with some kayaking.
- For those looking for a thrilling activity, Adirondack Extreme Adventure Course will get your heart pumping.
How to get to Adirondack Mountains
One of the most scenic train journeys you can take is to this gorgeous destination. Amtrak services offer a commute as well as with a bus from an array of cities surrounding the area.
An affordable and accessible way to arrive is by car. Interstate 87 and 81 make it a beautiful journey to take and allows you to arrive a few major cities.
Frequently asked questions
- Where should I go for a beach vacation in US in November?
Kauai makes a great destination for a beach vacation in November, the beautiful island is surrounded by 50 miles of glistening white-sand coast and stunning unspoiled views. It’s also a great place to surf, hike, swim or sunbathe. In November the temperatures hover around 23 degrees in the day and it’s also a cheaper time for great deals on both accommodation and flights.
- What vacation spots are warm in November in US?
There a few great choices for a warm vacation in November in the USA, these include Maui in Hawaii, The Florida Keys for warm weather and gorgeous beaches, San Diego with a city trip with still pleasant temperatures and Gulf Shores, Alabama for a low key beach destination and temperatures which hover around a very comfortable 22 degrees.
- Where can I go for sun in US in November?
The warmest states in this month include Hawaii, Florida, Texas, South Carolina, Nevada, Louisiana, Georgia, Alabama, Arizona and New Mexico and the temperatures in California are pretty steady too.
- Which are the cheapest places to visit in November in USA?
There are many great places to visit in November that won’t cost the earth. Some less expensive destinations include San Antonio in Texas, Laughlin in Nevada, the desert-city of Albuquerque in New Mexico, Harrisburg in Pennsylvania, Charlotte in North Carolina and Reno in Nevada.
- Where is the best place to vacation in US in November?
There are many great choices for vacations in November in the USA. For example Charleston in South Carolina makes a charming port city break known for its romantic scenery, sunset boat rides in the ocean, beaches and great restaurants. Alternatively head to the Florida Keys for a family-friendly and warm beach vacation or Big Bend National Park in Texas for beautiful unspoilt wilderness and fewer crowds.
We also posts on…
- The best places to visit in October in the USA
- Best places to visit in August
- Best place to travel in September
- Best places to visit in December
- Best places to visit in February
- Best places to visit in January
- The best places to visit in March in the USA
Becky Moore – Owner, writer and photographer
My first true adventure began as a six month voyage around South East Asia as a fresh faced backpacker and ever since I’ve lived a semi nomadic existence, clocking up visits to over 40 countries. I’m a lover of US Road Trips, deserted beaches bathed in warm glow of a sunset, Cuban mojitos, travel destinations far away from the tourist crowds and all things Scandinavian – from cloudberry liquors to Nordic noirs. When not wandering the world and running Global Grasshopper, you’ll find me walking my ex Athens street dog in leafy South West London, strolling around the Brighton Lanes on random day trips, hunting for photogenic landscapes or daydreaming about my favourite places; Havana, Copenhagen, Italy, Borneo, Finland, Greece, Berlin, Laos, California and the surreal and beautiful landscapes of a wintry Iceland.
I’ve been quoted in Forbes, National Geographic, The Times, Yahoo Travel, Huffington Post, Business Insider, Thrillist, British Airways Magazine, Entrepreneur, express.co.uk, Wanderlust, Telegraph Travel, Daily Mail and metro.co.uk. Find me on Linkedin or Facebook.